Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Simulacrumb 2: Special Cupcake Edition

I thought that for this installment I would focus on cupcakes, since they are so delightfully delicious and probably one of the cutest looking things that you can eat (jellybeans are pretty darn cute, though not as tasty).
We'll start with Inedible Resembling Edible. First up we have a cookie jar that I almost bought once, and have regretted not buying ever since:























This tin disguises cookies to be better than they actually are.
Second, how great are these cupcake earrings? Because I am only half a girl, my first thought is that there should be more edible jewelery. And not those half ass candy necklaces. I would certainly wear more of it.






















Alright, enough of that. Let's get to stuff you can actually eat. Here we have a terrific example of Edible Resembling Inedible. I think this particular cupcake goes above and beyond any expectations I had for character portrayal in sweets.
























Cupcake cupcake cupcake starts with C. . . . !!

The best example of the simulacrumb I've seen in cupcakes though, goes to these two beautiful examples of Edible Resembling Alternative Edible. Someday I am going to make these. And I will feed them to all of you, my dear readers.
























Ice cream cupcake. It was so obvious. Amazing.
And of course, because we live in America:

















The sesame seeds are an especially nice touch, I think.

3 comments:

e said...

did you change the name of your blog? I thought it was 'down and out in the fields of aroo.'

also- that cupcake eating cookie is amazing!

Sally Salleh said...

hi Sandra. I'm Sally from Malaysia. I like your Ice Cream Coned Cupcakes. I need your permission to post it on my blog. Is it OK? please do let me know.

Thank you.

Please visit my blog http://littledarlingcupcakes.blogspot.com

thanks!!

Sally

Sally Salleh said...

By the way, my e-mail is sallie_salleh@yahoo.com